Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Earth Day

What a Wonderful World!






We LOVE our planet around here! So we decided to have a fun Earth Day by using as little in-the-house energy as possible. We began the morning with a delicious "green" eggs & bacon breakfast & then the girls & I spent the day outside at the playground & in the back yard. When we were inside we kept the lights off & other energy users to a minimum. After Dad & Bren got home we had a scrumptious BBQ for dinner in the back yard and although I look horrible in the photos I'll post them anyway so you can see all the fun we had!
We finished off the day with our family scripture time focused on the beautiful scriptures in the Doctrine and Covenants 59:16-20
16. Verily I say, that inasmuch as ye do this, the fulness of the earth is yours, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth;
17. Yea, and the herb, and the good things which come from the earth, whether for food or for rainment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards;
18. Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart;
19. Yea, for food and for rainment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul.
20. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgement, not to excess, neither by extortion.

I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has prepared such a wonderful & interesting place for me to live. I am glad to raise my family with his love and I'm glad my children love their planet too! The part of this passage that really stood out to me this time was in v. 18 that these things are here "both to please the eye and to gladden the heart" We are truely enjoying the outdoors this summer and it has gladdened my heart to be outside in the sunshine, breathing the fresh air and looking up at the majestic Wasatch Mountains!

No comments: