Today Addison & I joined our little Pilgrim Michael Anne for lunch at school. They served turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, pumpkin pie, rolls, milk, & fruit. The whole lunch was tasty & it was super fun to spend some time with Michael Anne in her little world! After lunch we got to go back to class with her for story time during which the teacher read a book made by the children in the class. Each page had a drawing by one of the students & they were all so proud of their story & especially their very own drawings.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Yesterday, Nov. 14, was one of my older brother's birthdays. Chris was born in the Panama Canal Zone in 1968. He passed away Dec. 10, 1984. This year he would have turned 41.
Some things I remember about him:
1. He loved the Redskins
2. He liked Snoopy
3. He was a good friend to my older brothers & to us "little" kids
4. He loved our mother's chocolate mousse cake
5. He didn't like spaghetti
6. He played football
7. He saved me from a boy named Vincent in 3rd grade who wouldn't leave me alone
8. He had a nice smile
9. He was very honest & didn't like crude behavior or talk
10. He had an ingrown toe nail removed & camped out in his tent in our family room for what seemed like a week (am I remembering that right?). He had a high tollerance for pain which I do not!
11. He was a Boy Scout & in the Order of the Arrow
12. He was fun to play with
13. Our cat, Wendy, loved him the best, I'm pretty sure. I remember when he died she knew something was wrong, you could just tell. I'm sure he was there with her when she died years later looking out at the ocean.
14. His eyes were kind of crystally blue/green
15. I still have some of the things he gave me for Christmas that year, he planned ahead & enjoyed doing nice things for us. He was a good brother.
16. When he died my mom & dad cried for weeks, months, years (still do)...he must have been a good son
16 things don't seem like enough memories. Thank the Lord we will be with him again! This promise has helped me make good/better choices throughout my life so that I will be able to be with my family after this life. I hope it helps you make good choices too :)